SFI, Swedish for Immigrants
Swedish for Immigrants (SFI) is an education for those who do not have Swedish as their mothertongue. You have an opportunity to learn the basics of how to read and write in Swedish. You will also practice using the language in your daily life and in your future work. The education is free.
Because of the situation with covid-19 we partially offer distance learning.
This is what you need to fulfill to be entitled to study SFI in Oxelösund municipality:
- You are at least 16 years old.
- You have not studied Swedish before.
- You have an address in Oxelösund municipality.
- You have received your personal ID number.
Exception for SFI studies:
- You are an EU/EES or Swiss citizen and have a co-ordination number.
- You are an EU/EES or Swiss citizen without personal identity number or co-ordination number.
SFI is divided into different kinds of levels and four courses, (A, B, C, D). You will be placed in the right level based on your educational background. You will also be placed depending on your Swedish language skills. The courses are adapted for you according to the following:
- A-D (course of level 1) for you who have no or short academic bakground from your home country.
- B-D (course of level 2) for you with 7-12 years of education from your home country.
- C-D (course of level 3) for you who are a routinised learner and have at least12 years of academic bakground from your home country.
At SFI level you cannot apply for student aid.
You may have to wait before you get to start studying SFI. But you can start learning Swedish by yourself while you wait. Try talking to Swedish people, listening to Swedish radio, watching Swedish TV.
Sidan uppdaterad: 15 september 2020